Genovate offers several different tests to monitor cardiovascular (heart) health and diabetes risk. The available tests are:
- Cholesterol Test: A simple measurement of total cholesterol. This is often the first test taken for monitoring cardiovascular health.
- Cholesterol and Lipids Test: This test provides more detail that the simple Cholesterol Test, enabling a better understanding of any less than optimal results. The included biomarkers are:
- Total cholesterol
- HDL "good" cholesterol
- LDL "bad" cholesterol
- Cholesterol ratio
- Heart Health Test: This test includes all the biomarkers of the Cholesterol and Lipids Test, as well as C-reactive protein - a protein in the blood that non-specifically increases during inflammation and infection. Slightly elevated CRP levels in otherwise healthy individuals are indicative of the development of atherosclerosis, and help to predict the future risk of heart attack, stroke, and peripheral artery disease.
- Diabetes Risk (HbA1c) Test: This test measure glycated hemoglobin (HbA1c), which provides an average blood sugar level over the previous 2-3 months. It is useful for non-diabetics to determine their risk of diabetes and for diabetics to monitor their control of diabetes.
- Diabetes and Heart Health Test: This test is a combination of the Heart Health Test and the Diabetes Risk (HbA1c) Test. It is our most comprehensive test for monitoring heart health and diabetes risk - two health complications that share several of the same risk factors.